Thursday, January 20, 2005

Early finish

Greenstar's truck was through my neighborhood early today. A sign that they have less to do now? I didn't put my bin out again. I think we can make it to Jan 27.

I called Greenstar again the other day for clarification on the fees. I was again told that there is no weight feature in the fee structure. This is at odds with what my local councilor, Caroline Burrell was told and what Kathleen Barrington wrote in the Sunday Business Post last Sunday.

Jennifer told me that the fees will be based on bands determined by use. If you put the bin out once a month, your fee will be €262, including 12 annual black bin collections. If you put the bin out 3 times a month your fee will be €392. Two pick-ups a month will cost €328.

All of this sounds reasonable, but why the bands? I suspect the reason for the bands is that they afford Greenstar sufficient flexibility in what fees any customer will pay. Otherwise, Greenstar could quite simply tell customers that your base fee is €262 and each time you put the bin out will cost you €5.50 (or whatever).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger