Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bray's N11 'Blackspot'

At least once a week I witness something particularly dangerous at the S. Bray entrance/Enniskerry exit on the northbound N11. That has to be sorted out. Yesterday, I saw my life flash before my eyes when a young girl - clearly scared out of her mind - neither entered the N11 nor went left to Enniskerry, but carried straight ahead over the white painted lines and into the entrance lane for those coming onto the road from Enniskerry.

If not for the foresight and quick thinking of the guy driving a large truck who was just about to pull out to enter the road I'd have witnessed or been involved in a serious (possibly fatal) crash.

I came down the entrance ramp (sorry can't remember the word used here) just behind this girl and was alongside the back of her car when I realized that she wasn't turning left towards Enniskerry. I couldn't go to the right because of the traffic. I waited for the inevitable crash as she plowed into the truck or for her to jerk her car right and into me.

There's too much traffic for the way the N11 is laid out here. Traffic exiting the northbound N11 for Enniskerry should have to exit at the Bray South exit. Same goes for those cars entering the southbound N11 off Herbert Road. That too should be ended.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sort of agree with you. It's a once a week occurrence. But if you are a stranger then blame the signposting. It is truly dreadful, a disgrace and other words to strong to put on a nice website like this. In fact where is it?

4:01 PM, February 13, 2007  
Blogger Eagle said...

You can see the white painted lines where she shouldn't have been in this picture.

4:48 PM, February 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger